MonSEFF case study (Mongolia)
- A producer of hot water for space heating decided to replace old inefficient boilers operated with manual controls, in order to save energy and reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions.
- MonSEFF team advised the company to replace the old BZIU-100 Boilers with modern EFECKT & KB Boilers with automatic controls.
The fuel consumption of the old boilers was 7,549,342 kg/yr, and by replacing with new modern and energy efficient boilers, the new consumption is expected to be 4,383,593 kg/yr.
- The MonSEFF team visited the company and, based on the gathered data, calculated the fuel and cost savings from upgrading old out-dated boilers to modern boilers with automatic controls.
- Payback period: 5.2 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR): 21.5%
- Energy saving: 12,030 MWh/year
- Costs Saving: 128,071 USD/year
- Carbon emission reductions: 4,403 tonnes per year
- Other benefits: reduced maintenance costs, lower failure and reduced unexpected interruptions
MonSEFF success story