MonSEFF case study (Mongolia)
- A Mongolian producer of hot water for space heating which manages different heating stations throughout the Country.
- The company decided to invest in seven new Heat Only Boilers to be installed at different heating stations. These modern coal boilers are more energy efficient than the Country baseline for similar equipment, because they are fitted with improved controls and sensors for optimum combustion and insulated to a very high standard. Furthermore, the company decided to install auxiliary systems for pre-heating of combustion air through heat exchange, increasing overall combustion efficiency.
- The MonSEFF team visited the company and, based on the gathered data, calculated the energy and cost savings related to the investment.
- Payback period: 7.8 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR): 12%
- Energy saving: 5,518 MWh/year
- Costs Saving: 71,028 USD/year
- Carbon emission reductions: 1,879 tonnes per year
- Other benefits: Reduction of pollutants emission; lower level of failure and reduced risk of heating interruptions; improvement management of heating in the Country provinces
MonSEFF success story